Do you have a photographer friend or family member you’re shopping for this Christmas and have no idea what to get them? Then look no further! I’ve put together a gift guide for photographers of my 6 favorite items that I’m sure EVERY photographer would appreciate this holiday season (and they’re all under $50 too!).
(Disclaimer: this post contains affiliate links)
Top 6 Gift Ideas for Photographers
- Extra memory cards– we seriously cannot have too many of these. I definitely recommend getting 64GB or higher storage memory cards so you don’t have to switch them out too frequently during a session or wedding.
- ONA Leather Wrist Strap– if you’re like me and don’t really use that neck strap when you’re shooting a session, this wrist strap is the perfect solution to make sure you don’t accidentally drop your camera whilst shooting. I hung up my neck strap long ago and this wrist strap is the only thing attached to my camera now.
- Eneloop AA rechargeable batteries– another one of those things you can never have too many of. It’s an economical option for those pros using on and off camera flash. Instead of buying a pack (or five) of batteries every time I shoot a wedding, I just recharge these batteries and I’m ready to go.
- AA Battery Charger– After trying a few chargers, I realized the Powerex Smart Charger was the best one out there. Not only did it allow me to charge 8 batteries at a time, but it was the only one that COMPLETELY charged my batteries while the others only charged them to about 3/4 of the way. Now I don’t have to worry about my batteries dying so quickly and my flashes not firing.
- 2020 Planner- I don’t know how my business would survive if I didn’t have a planner where I could physically write things down. I’m all for using digital calendars too, but something about sitting down to write out monthly goals, schedule client meetings, plan meals, makes me remember things much better. I love Erin Condren’s planners and will definitely be purchasing this one to help plan out #allthethings in 2020.
- Blue light blocking glasses– these are a game changer for those late nights spent staring at a computer screen trying to edit client galleries. After my wedding season picked up a little and I found myself editing more sessions, the eye strain and subsequent headaches were no joke. I will never look at another screen without wearing these glasses. They are seriously magical and I highly recommend them for anyone who has to stare at computer screens for extended periods of time.
So there you have it! Now go and spoil that photog friend/family member of yours with some SD cards and batteries. I guarantee you won’t find anyone more appreciative ;).